Thursday, August 10, 2017

Interview with Award-Winning Romance Author Roni Denholtz and a Review of Setting the Stage for Love

I am excited to welcome fellow Romance Author Roni Denholtz to Passion Between the Pages! I originally met Roni through New Jersey Romance Writers, our local chapter of Romance Writers of America. Our mutual love deep characters and romantic stories made us fast friends and big fans of each other's work!

Roni is the award-winning author of 8 romance novels and 1 novella. Her books have been nominated for the New Jersey Golden Leaf Award and the National Readers' Choice Award. "Marquis in a Minute" won the NJ Golden Leaf Award for Best Regency Romance!

Thank you for joining us today, Roni!




When did you first know you wanted to be a writer?

I first knew I wanted to be a writer when I devoured the Nancy Drew books and wanted to write stories like those in the books!


What is your writing style and how do you come up with your ideas?

I don't know if I have a particular style. Coming up with ideas, I guess I have them at odd momentsdriving, walking the dog or just before I go to sleep.



Heroine Brooke of Setting the Stage for Love is a very likable and is easy to relate to! Did you put a bit of yourself into this character? Is she lightly based off of anyone you know?

Brooke first appeared in "A Taste of Romance" and I liked her a lot and wanted to write her and William's story. It first begins in "A Taste of Romance" when William asks Jeremy to set things up so he can see Brook again. She's more sophisticated than I am, but we share a love of animals and Brooke also has a tender heart for animals, her friends and family.


I've noticed many of your titles are set in your home state of New Jersey, and contain a strong degree of authenticity, which I really enjoy. Do you find it challenging to create a fantasy world in one which is also very real to you? 

I like to use New Jersey as the setting for many books, since I know it so well (I've lived here since age 10) and I love this state. I do sometimes make up a town, as I did in "Negotiating Love" since that book involved education and politics and I didn't want to set it in a real town, LOL. But, I loosely based it on 3 towns near my home. I have used Budd Lake, Dover, Stanhope and South Orange as settings for my books.


You've written 9 titles so far. Which one is your favorite and why?

I don't know if one book is my favorite, but I think your first published novel is always the one you remember the most and are most excited about. That was "Lights of Love." Another book which I really enjoyed writing a lot was "Borrowing the Bride." The story just seemed to write itselfI was so enthusiastic about it! "A Taste of Romance" has been my top seller!



In addition to being a talented author, you are also an avid reader. Who are some of your favorite authors? What stories have influenced your own writing?

Some of my favorite authors are: Heather Graham, Nora Roberts, Julia Quinn, Beth Ciotta, Jessica Lauryn, Judi Fennell, Kerrelyn Sparks and Sabrina Jeffries. I think I was influenced by the old romantic suspense/gothics quite a bit, by authors such as Mary Stewart, Victoria Holt and Phyllis A Whitney. In an interview, I read that Nora Roberts was, too.


What do you find to be the more challenging aspects of writing?

It's always a challenge to find the time for writing, LOL! I often push off housework. Also, pacing can be difficult. I often write slow scenes and I have to eliminate them when I revise.



You are a past-president of New Jersey Romance Writers and have served our chapter in many capacities. What do you find to be the most rewarding aspects of being part of such an organization? What advice do you have for beginner writers who are just starting out?

I love our NJRW chapter, and so many people gave me advice when I started writing romance novels that I have a desire to give back to the organization. I enjoy volunteering, although as past president, I am taking it a little easier this year, LOL!


Where can readers find you online?


You can find me on my website, www.ronidenholtz.com, and on Facebook, where I'm pretty active!




Thank you so much for stopping by, Roni! I'm looking much forward to reading your next story!



My Review of Setting the Stage for Love by Roni Denholtz:





I greatly enjoyed Setting the Stage for Love by Roni Denholtz! A fan of Roni's past titles, I was much looking forward to this story and had a great time relaxing with it over my summer vacation. The mood is light, the story is sweet, and the romance is lots of fun! 

Having been hurt by a past betrayal, heroine Brooke is afraid to take a chance on love. But when she runs into her old boyfriend, William, an old spark quickly ignites a series of flames. William is keeping a secret from Brooke, one that could hurt her if it comes to light. Can their love survive it? 

I rarely put Setting the Stage for Love down as I read, eager to see how Brooke and William would work through their differences and find their way to happily ever after. Both characters are easy to relate to and the ending has a romantic twist I never saw coming! Light, easy reading. A real romantic treat. Five Stars!




Setting the Stage for Love is just $2.99 on Amazon Kindle!



No comments:

Post a Comment